5 Equipment Must For Road Construction
2015-07-25 Posted By:Infrabazaar
Roads are integral part of our transport system. A country’s road network should always be at its best to showcase development. It calls for high quality construction material and equipment along with skill and technology. It involves several construction crews and plant machinery, requires careful planning and various evaluations, including environmental and structural assessments.
The top 5 construction equipment which is specifically used in Roads and Highways, either for maintenance or completion is: - Motor Grader, Road Roller Machine, Soil Compactor, Sensor Paver and Tipper.
The construction of roads and highways basically consists of 3 phases, rough grading or earth moving, fine grading (which has sub-grade preparation) and surfacing, which may include gravel asphalt, concrete or anything similar to these three. Compaction is key element for all roads for high quality construction; sufficient compaction basic fills of asphalt and gravels will ensure the maximum life of road structure. Operators should be capable of performing their work in a good manner so that it provides maximum compaction. Operators who are working in fine grading operations work must be able to grade the surfaces for fine tolerance; it also calls for great skills as an operator.
1. Motor Grader: Earth moving equipment, this equipment is commonly referred as road grader or maintainer; it is used to create flat surfaces for asphalt to be placed on. This equipment commonly consists of three axles, cab which is located above the rear axle at the back end of the vehicle, engine and third axle at front of the vehicle with a long blade in between.
2. Road Roller Machine: Once asphalt which is laid down in layers, the roller machine is used to compress it down into place. Rollers are three variance rubber tire rollers, double-drum asphalt rollers or combination rollers, all these rollers are used to determine the mixture in road projects.
3. Soil compactor: It plays an important role in construction process. It is used for support of structural entities such as construction foundation, walkways, roadways, and earth retaining structures. Few soil types or certain soil properties may consider it more or less attractive to perform effectively in a particular circumstance.
4. Sensor paver: It is also known as paver finisher or asphalt finisher. Paving machines plays an important role in construction of roads and highways. The equipment is used in laying asphalt on roads, parking lots, bridges and other such places. It lays the asphalt flat and provides minor compaction ahead of roller compactor.
5. Tipper: Also referred as dump truck is used for transporting loose material such as gravel, sand and dirt for construction. Tipper is a typical dump truck and is equipped with an open box bed, which is attach to the rear and equipped with hydraulic pistons to lift the front. It allows material in the cradle to be deposited and dumped in the ground behind the truck at the site of delivery.