Paris Bridge Collapses From Weight of 'Love Locks'
-0001-11-30 Posted By:
Providing more fodder for the people leading the backlash against the "love locks" — padlocks engraved with a couple's initials, sort of
the Parisian version of carving your names into a tree — attached to Paris's Pont des Arts, the bridge has actually semi-collapsed due to the weight of the locks, which number over 700,000. Luckily, no one was injured, and the bridge is expected to reopen shortly. However, it looks like this won't keep people from continuing to engage in the somewhat clichéd practice. Vive l'amour?
- Projects worth Rs 1-lakh cr Under Collaboration with Germany
- Indian Housing and Infrastructure Projects need Investments up to $1 Trillion
- The Tower at Dubai Creek Harbor will be the World’s Tallest Tower by 2020
- Mumbai Eyeing for the Biggest Urban Makeover
- BRICS Nations call for ‘Integrated Approach’ to Urban Development