Top 10 Infrastructure Companies of India
2015-07-10 Posted By:Infrabazaar
Infrastructure investments are vital to a country's economic development and prosperity. Transportation, communication, sewage, water and electric systems are all examples of infrastructure. Infrastructure projects may be funded publicly, privately or through public-private partnerships. Indian budget 2015 has given a big push to the infrastructure sector with a hefty 70,000 crore increase in investment.
Infrastructure is definitely among the five major challenges in private investment via the public private partnership (PPP) model, public investment needs to step in to catalyze investment. However, to counter we have 10 Indian giants who have the capacity and capability to deliver and match international standards.
Top 10 Infrastructure Companies of India
1. Larsen & Toubro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited (L&T IDPL)
Larsen & Toubro is the leader among infrastructure companies in India. Larsen & Toubro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited is a part of L & T Group. The company was founded in Mumbai in 1938 by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Soren Kristian.
Larsen & Tubro today is one of the largest construction companies in India, and their project portfolio includes road constructions worth more than Rs 18,000 Crore. Some major projects of the company are:
- Coimbatore Bypass
- Panipat Elevated Corridor
- Krishnagiri bypass in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu
- Gujarat Refinery for IOCL
- Fertilizer Plant for NFCL, Kakinada.
2. Reliance Infrastructure Limited
Reliance Infrastructure Limited stands at second position. Reliance Infrastructure Company is involved in many projects related to real estate, airports, roads and high ways etc. The market capitalization of Reliance Infrastructure is Rs 11,098 Crore as on July 2015. This is only for the distribution of electricity in suburbs of Mumbai. They are the winner of National Award for Excellence in Energy Management. Some of the projects handled by the company are.
- Coal based Thermal Power Station in Dahanu, Maharashtra
- Delhi Airport Express
- Nanded Airport in Maharashtra
3. GMR Infrastructure Limited
GMR Infrastructure limited is stands at 3rd position in the list of top 10 infrastructure companies in India, the company has founded in 1996, it is involved in various projects like energy, real estate, highways, and Airports etc, and it’s market capital stands at Rs 8,049 Crore as on July 2015
GMR handles many turn key projects in Turkey, Maldives, Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia apart from India. 2 major projects completed by this company are:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, Telangana
4. IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited
IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited was incorporated with an objective to finance IRB Group. IRB is one of leading Infrastructure Development Company in Road construction India. It has completed road projects about 9,000 kilometers and it has a market capital of around Rs 7,940 Crores. The major projects completed by IRB are:
- Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Ahemdabad-Vadodara Expressway
5. Jaiprakash Associates Limited
Jaiprakash Associates Limited is a public listed infrastructure company and it is a part of Jaypee Group of Indian Corporation. JAL was founded in 1979. It undertakes various infrastructure projects like Power, roads, hospitality, real estate and sports etc and it’s market capital stands at Rs 5,716 Crore as on July 2015.
Jaiprakash Associates Limited has worked on several hydro- power projects in India. Few notable projects of JAL are:
- 1000 MW Karcham Dam on River Satluj, Himachal Pradesh
- Yamuna Expressway
- Cement Blending & Grinding Unit in Agheri, Uttar Pradesh
- 1450MW HEP on Sardar Sarovar Dam, Gujarat
6. Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited
Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited (NCC) was incepted in 1978. NCC Limited is a public limited company and it is involved in various projects related to power, railways, mining, roads and irrigation etc and it’s market capital stands Rs: 5,214 Crore as on July 2015. Few important projects completed by NCC Limited are:
- Delhi Metro Railway Line
- Construction of Oberoi Resort in Kuwait
- Construction of Blast Furnance at SAIL-ISP
- Kalina-Vakola Flyover in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
7. Hindustan Construction Company
Hindustan Construction Company was founded in 1926. HCC is Winner of Global Sustainability Leadership Award. HCC stands among oldest infrastructure companies in the country and it undertakes various projects like expressways, bridges, tunnels and power etc. HCC market capital stands at Rs 1,905 as on July 2015, few major projects completed by HCC are:
- Bandra Worli Sea link
- Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Kudankulam Power Plant
8. GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
GVK Infrastructure & Power limited is a public listed infrastructure company, founded in 1994. GVK is involved in various projects related to Power, Roads, Hospitality and Mining etc. GVK has got several awards and recognitions. This company is associated with numerous projects of excellent quality and is also known for its time bound delivery. Its market capital stands at Rs 1,252 Crore as on July 2015. Few notable projects completed by GVK are;
- Deoli-Kota Expressway
- Hydro Electric Project in Jammu and Kashmir
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
9. Lanco Infratech Limited
Lanco Infratech Limited stands at 9th place among the top 10 infrastructure companies of India, located and Headquartered New Delhi. LIL is mainly engaged in Road, Power and Expressways construction projects. LIL market capital stands at Rs 1,137 Crore as on July 2015.
Some of the notable projects undertaken by Lanco Infratech are:
- Devihalli Highways
- Udupi Power Corporation Ltd (UPCL) at Yellur in Udupi district.
10. PUNJ LLOYD INFRASTRUCTURE LIMITED
Punj Lloyd Infrastructure Limited was founded in 1982 and it is a part of Punj Lloyd group. Punj Lloyd is involved in various projects consisting of Transportation, Energy, Roads and Hospitality and its market capital stands at Rs 933 Crore as on July 2015. Few major projects completed by the company are:
- 5MW Solar power plant at Bap, Rajasthan
- (2×250 MW) Chhabra Thermal Power Project
- Bangalore Metro Rail
- Heera field redevelopment for ONGC.
- Projects worth Rs 1-lakh cr Under Collaboration with Germany
- Indian Housing and Infrastructure Projects need Investments up to $1 Trillion
- The Tower at Dubai Creek Harbor will be the World’s Tallest Tower by 2020
- Mumbai Eyeing for the Biggest Urban Makeover
- BRICS Nations call for ‘Integrated Approach’ to Urban Development